Pages

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Good things CAN happen at 3AM

I know your mom probably told you that nothing good happens after midnight. She said that because she wanted you home by curfew and she was trying to keep you out of trouble. Well...a few days ago I was up at 3AM. I wish that were unique for me, but it's not. I often get up between 3 and 5AM to begin my day. I don't set an alarm, it's just when I naturally rise - and, no, I don't go to bed at 8pm either. Anyway, enough about my sleeping (or non-sleeping) habits - I was up working on a paper for school at 3am...when unexpectedly, I receive a message online from my good friend in China. We talked for over an hour. Sure, I should have been working on my paper, but talking to my friend on the other side of the world was more important. It's amazing what technology can do! An international phone call that long would have cost us hundreds of dollars, but we can talk on the Internet for the price of our Internet access. Awesome! I share this to say, despite what your mom told you - sometimes good things can happen in the wee hours of the morning. In fact, it's my most productive time of the day. Have you ever looked at the time stamp of an email message from me? It's likely not a typo, yes, I am up at those times writing emails. Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment