Pages

Friday, January 20, 2006

An inspiring love story

As part of my live louder motto - I want to learn how to trust and love more deeply. I want these characteristics to be a growing part of who I am as a person.

There is a couple at my church that demonstrated love in ways I cannot comprehend. He was in his mid-twenties when he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma cancer. They had their first date after he started the chemo treatments. In October 2005 they were married. The cancer took him in January 2006. I attended the funeral two weeks ago today.

I don't understand why he had to die at 27 - that is too young. He bravely fought the cancer. Inspite of everything, he remained transparent and honest. I can't remember a time that I asked him how he was doing and he didn't reply with a genuine answer. I don't understand how either of them had the courage to love, knowing it may only be for a short time. Though I don't understand it, I find their story inspiring.

Below is an excerpt from his eulogy:

Cancer is not kind to the person who suffers from it, but there are some things it can’t do. It cannot…
  • Cripple love.
  • Shatter hope.
  • Corrode faith.
  • Eat away peace.
  • Destroy confidence.
  • Kill friendship.
  • Shut out memories.
  • Silence courage.
  • Invade the soul.
  • Reduce eternal life.
  • Lessen the power of the resurrection.

The last few months of his life they started a blog to keep concerned family and friends updated. I would like to share that blog with you. You can see just a bit of their story; the faith, hope and love they demonstrated. I aspire to posess just a portion of their trust in God and their love for each other.

Enjoy the real-life love story of Brandon and Megan Eastland.
http://www.xanga.com/brandonandmegan

No comments:

Post a Comment