Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Livin' the good life

Today's post is simply an acknowledgement of my blessings. I am so grateful that in the midst of a bad economy and high unemployment - Kenyon and I have both secured good jobs. Last week Kenyon started a nursing related job at a local hospital (a different system than the one I work for). At orientation HR told the new hires that there were thousands of individuals who applied for the positions they now held. What a blessing!

We have a roof over our heads...and it provides us with more than just the necessity of shelter. It includes luxuries like air conditioning that cools every room, a washer AND dryer for clothes, a mechanical dishwasher and an extra bedroom. In addition to all of that, the apartment complex has a swimming pool and tennis courts. These all may be common items in America, but it has been a while since I lived here and as a result of my experiences in other parts of the globe I no longer take these gifts for granted. What a blessing!

My life is full of lot of other luxuries too...a nice car to drive, a smart phone, and an abundance of options or opportunities. This is the good life and I don't want to get to a place (again) where I take these blessings for granted.

just Sheri, grateful to God for my blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment