Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

this is ladies night...ohh, ladies night

I recently met a new friend, Beth. I am so glad I met Beth. She welcomes us weekly in to her home for a women's Bible study. She generously gave us food during the riots. Just before that terrible event, she invited us over for a night of food and fun. I learned to play Bunko that night. I've often heard of this Bunko thing, but hadn't remembered playing before. I really enjoyed it.

This weekend, Beth had a group of ladies over to her place. We made sushi (also a new experience for me and much easier than expected). The highlight of the evening though wasn't the food. Beth had invited a few Indian women over to do henna. This is Beth getting her henna tatoo.


This was my favorite henna tattoo of the evening. One of the ladies has short hair and came up with a unique idea to have the back of her neck decorated. The end result was stunning. All I can say is "Wow!"

Sushi. Henna. Good company. What more could a girl ask for? Oh, yes. Though we were all from different places, we all spoke English. That was an added bonus and made for a wonderful night.

Did you do anything fun or interesting this weekend?

Sheri

2 comments:

  1. Where is Beth from? - Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth is an American, but many of the ladies were from different parts of the world - including Mozambique. But, North Americans (including Canada) definitely outnumbered the rest.

    ReplyDelete