Pages

Friday, July 09, 2010

Coming to America!

Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave,
and grow old wanting to get back to
. ~John Ed Pearce


Today, is the start of what my employer calls "home leave." It is very aptly named. It isn't vacation as most of the time will be spent busy with visits to people we haven't seen and taking care of business we cannot overseas. We didn't even contemplate an exotic destination. Our primary purpose is to visit the people and places that we care about. We are going home. The challenge for the Warren's, is home is not a single destination. Thanks to my overwhelming travel in recent years we were able to get multiple tickets on airmiles and will be in three US states over the coming weeks. I don't plan to write posts consistently on this blog. From time to time there may be a mobile post or random postings of major events. We return to Africa in August and I will resume normal routines then. I will still be sending tweets from Twitter.
 
Enjoy your summer! Laugh often. Have fun. Embrace the moments that make up life. My plan is to just be present where I am at and cherish the wealth of relationships I am blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment