Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This is Africa (TIA): forest of palms

There is a saying that is often said when speaking of our new home - T.I.A. What does that mean? It stands for This is Africa. From time to time I will post things under this title that summarize our experiences in living in Africa.

Until I started working for my current employer, I had only been to one place in Africa. I visited Morrocco in 2002. I have now visited at least eight counrties on the continent of Africa. All of them are distinctly different.

Before coming to Africa I had visions of the Sahara Desert and animals like giraffees and lions roaming the Serengity. Those things do exist, but it is only one part of a VERY diverse landscape. This photo is from southern Mozambique.
Sahara Desert? I think not! Notice the forest of palm trees. Is this what you expect when you think "Africa?"

No comments:

Post a Comment