Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

grapes and sunshine

I was at the grocery the other day, wandering the aisles, hoping for inspiration. Suddenly I saw something I haven't seen in months. Raisins. Small individually packaged Sun-Maid raisins wrapped in celaphane.

Maybe for you this isn't a big deal, but for me seeing something so familiar...something I've known all my life - ahh, my heart did a little jump and I made a beeline for the red and yellow box.

I bought a package in an instant and left them on top of the food pantry.

I came home after work one night to find there were only two small boxes left and I hadn't eaten a single one. Kenyon's response was, "you know food doesn't last long around me."

I savored my one box of raisins. As I was slowly eating and tasting each one, I happened to read the ingredients.

Just above the ingredients it reads: just grapes and sunshine. The ingredients are: California seedless raisins.

Grapes and sunshine. Who knew such simple things could bring so much joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment