Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Twelve days of Christmas: Day Eleven

Lunch with the Warren's
I have a good friend Elaine Warren. She was one of the first people I met when I moved to Kansas City because we worked together. She has been such a good friend for so many years. We used to live near each other (but on different sides of the state line) and when my grandpa died in New Mexico, she rode her bike over to my house to give me a card. That is when I knew we would be good friends. She was with me through so many highs and lows of life and she gave me the most amazing opportunity to witness a miracle. I was in the delivery room when her son Will was born. I will cherish that experience forever. Elaine is a friend who is as close as family. When I decided to marry Kenyon we even laughed that we will now share the same last name. I love watching her kids grow. I love talking with her. She started as a colleague, but she will be a friend for life. We met for lunch at the best little pizzeria, D'bronx in Westport. In the summer we would order a pizza and enjoy it on a lawn somewhere at one of the many community events.


In the evening we had dinner at the home of another good friend, Theresa. I met Theresa in grad school. We spent a lot of time together over the years and she even attented our wedding in India. She was our first visitor to come see us in North Carolina. Her daughter is a musician and gave us a mini-concert in their home after dinner. She has her own website complete with you-tube videos. Our Christmas present was one of Nicolette's CD's. She should have a new relsease coming in 2009. Check out this up and coming musician: Nicolette Paige.

No comments:

Post a Comment