Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Send off

Each month my organization sends new staff to the field. We have over 20 field offices all over the world. Often those going have grandiose, romantic dreams of what it will be like when they get there. But, that's okay. I'm not sure most would go with such enthusiasm if they were focused on the hardships of living in the developing world. Instead they are focused on changing the world, making it a better place for those in need. I love participating in the monthly send off
(when I'm in the office). Their excitement encourages me. It reminds of the privilege it is do to this work. For years, I had only dreamed about it - it was a distant far off almost unattainable dream. But, now I'm living the dream. In the real world, all dreams have challenges and I've encountered quite a few, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. This month, I had the privilege of being part of the send off for the couple I mentioned earlier. What an honor! I'm looking forward to what the future holds for them. Their eyes were big with anticipation. I hope to visit them in the coming months. I'd like to see them in action. Cambodia, here I come!

--
Sent from Gmail for mobile | mobile.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment