Pages

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

unexpected news

I received some unexpected news tonight. When living in Topeka years ago I made a good friend named Lori. She was married to a doctor and they moved to Texas. She and I kept in touch through the years, in spite of the distance. She and her husband Alan have four boys. The youngest is six weeks old. The oldest is seven years old. The night before Thanksgiving Alan was admitted to the hospital and died that night, a blood vessel in his brain had burst. I received the news by email tonight. I'm still in shock. They are a young family. This has got to be devastating. I can't begin to imagine what Lori is going through right now. It is a reminder that tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone. Please pray for Lori and her four boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment