Pages

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Amazing Race

One of my favorite TV shows is the Amazing Race. It combines two of my favorite things; competition and travel! Granted, I haven't watched the show regularly in over a year - why? Because for some time I didn't even own a television. I now own a nice television, given to me as a gift. However, I don't get any reception on it and I'm too cheap to pay for cable. It's great for watching DVD's. Smile!

Fiona and I have talked about being competitors on the Amazing Race for years. One problem - she's not an American citizen and the show requires a US Passport. Bummer!

Today we did the next best thing. A group of friends got together and did an all out scavenger hunt in KC. We visited parks and tourists spots. We had to eat a cup of jello. We played frisbee golf. We climbed countless hills and stairs. We wrote (and performed) cheers, songs and stories. We shopped at a Goodwill. We fed ducks. We drove fast. We got lost. We did not win. However, I was voted "most competitive" on my team - shocking I'm sure. It was a great event. I give special props to the group who coordinated the event. It was truly an amazing race! We ended the evening with a BBQ and good company.

Enjoy the pic...the visor was purchased for $0.25 each at the thrift store. It was our team uniform. Our name was 3 girls and a guy. Fun does not do the experience justice! You have got to join us next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment