Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

blog stats: an idea to bring people together

I am not one to care about the statistics of how many people read this blog - those change month to month, sometimes it is high and sometimes it is low. My life is not a popularity contest. I started this blog to keep in touch with family and I still believe my family are primarily the faithful readers. I recently looked at my blog stats and one of the options was to view a visitors map. It didn't surprise me that most readers are from the US, what did surprise me is how many readers are from other places and where they are from. Without my realizing, my blog has gone global! I post this because I thought you might find it interesting too. By reading this blog, you are part of a global community.
This got me thinking about how I might use this blog to bring people and cultures together. Since I know nothing about this (blog gadgets or add-ons, nor how to use a blog as a social networking site) I thought I would pose this question to you, the reader.

Would you be interested in getting to know people from other places through this blog? If you are somone who knows about these things, are there tools or strategies you suggest for accomplishing this?

Maybe this idea will start something new...maybe it is just an idea that will disappear like so many other thoughts that go through my head, but I thought I'd put it out there on the world wide web and see what comes back. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment