Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

Ross Perot for President

A few weeks back I wrote a post declaring that I am an undecided voter. I've now decided to ammend that. I'm not undecided. I'm not uninformed. I am unmotivated. I don't like either candidate as President for the United States of America and the more I listen to them the more I am convinced that I want another option. For that matter, I don't like their chosen running mates either.

I watched the last presidential debate and at the end I said, "I still don't like either of them. I wish I had a third choice. What ever happened to that Ross Perot? Maybe I will write him in on the ballot. To me, he's a better choice than the options I've got."

Then I did an internet search to find out what he is doing now...like, is he still alive? I found this. Ross Perot is not only still alive, but actively advocating for things I care about. I watched the video and was uplifted by his optimism. He says things about the greatness of our country and how we shouldn't take it for granted, he talks about our resilience, and he gives concrete solutions for financial woes. He has charts with facts, some of them alarming. On his blog, he advocates a "main street rescue plan" that helps the common citizen. Unfortunately, this is the most compelling stuff I've seen in this election campaign that seems to have no end. If only he were running for president...if only!

No comments:

Post a Comment