Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Diversity

I love diversity. I crave it. When it's absent, I miss it. I seek it out. I pursue it. As often as possible I create it. God created diversity. He created different cultures, races and ethnicities. We are each created uniquely with a special purpose.

I don't know about pearly gates or streets of gold. I don't know what I'll remember when I pass or what it will be like to be in God's presence. I am sure there is a heaven and one thing I'm convinced of is - there will be diversity! Hallelujah!!

If I'm right and heaven will be full of diversity (how can it be any other way with the diverse world we live in?), why do we spend so much time segregating ourselves on earth? We have churches with target populations, exclusive neighborhoods, member only clubs, and local segregation of schools and neighborhoods whether by choice or circumstance.

I say: "Que viva diversidad!" The differences make me appreciate the creativity of the God I serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment