Pages

Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm an olympiad...


Not the kind of athlete you see on television that actually has talent and abilities. Rather, I participated in the KU Student Success Olympics. One of my part-time jobs is with the University Career Center, which is a division of Student Success. I've worked at KU in some capacity for six years and didn't know I was missing out on such an amazing athletic competition. My events were mystery golf and checkers. I lost both, but I was in good company. One person on my team got a gold in jacks (yeah, that game you played as a kid with a bouncy ball), another got a silver in bingo, and one got a bronze in hearts (the card game). There were free throw, walleyball, air hockey, and bowling competitions to name a few. The Olympics continue this week, but I won't be able to participate because I'm getting on an airplane to fly to India. I know, its a touch life I lead. Smile!


I will post again when I return from India. Please be praying for our well being and that we will be effective in our work.

No comments:

Post a Comment