Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Conjunction Junction

When I am not at work, I try to find constructive things to do with my time. For more than a year I have been volunteering as a tutor. At the end of last year I agreed to teach a weekly course at the local community college.

The topic: writing.

The goal: prepare my students for the admission test in order to become students at the college.

The students: recent high school grads and not so recent high school grads who want to better their lives, but have experienced set backs in pursuing their dreams.

Last week, we had an entire class dedicated to conjunctions. It reminded me of my childhood and the wonderful lessons offered by Schoolhouse Rocks. Do you remember these? Were you too young to even know what I am talking about? Either way...check. it. out.



Apparently, a good teacher can make an impact. In my case, it was an educational video that I still remember all these years later.

just Sheri, wishing Schoolhouse Rocks would make a comeback

No comments:

Post a Comment