Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

sardines with tomato sauce

Once upon a time I would get a phone call or email and be on a plane to an exotic destination when something like a hurricane, flood, or earthquake happened.

In those days, I would work with a team to put together packets of food and non-food item necessities for families affected by such natural disasters.

There was a common item in our food packets.  It was VERY popular with locals.  It provided much needed vitamins and some protein. As well as a punch of flavor...and since it was a fan favorite it was a winning choice.

What is that item?  Cans of sardines in tomato sauce by the case.


If you just said, "YUCK!"  I second that motion.

I share this because all the recent talk about earthquakes and hurricanes had me thinking about disaster preparation.  This common, and practical item, did not make my list as I am not a fan.

What items would you want around the house in event of a disaster? What's on your list?

just Sheri, picky even in an emergency


1 comment:

  1. Peanut butter
    Canned soups
    Duct tape
    Reverse osmosis water filter
    Beef jerky
    A friend
    A big knife

    ReplyDelete