Pages

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Go KU!

We won the championship! Hip-hip-hooray! Even if my team hadn't of won, it was a really GREAT championship game. I had watched both the semi-final and final game at the home of friends. I had planned to watch the semi-final game against North Carolina at a local sports bar, then decided that might not be wise. One crimson and blue fan in the midst of a sea of baby blue. After watching the beating Carolina took I was glad that I was at a friends house. I would have had to leave the bar and pray I didn't get jumped. :)

I am so happy KU won. I was glad to be in town to watch the games. It just isn't the same reading the ESPN scoreboard from Russia.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

2 comments:

  1. Sheri, It's been a great year for KU, hasn't it? The Orange Bowl win, a national championship, my graduation... all the cool stuff, right? Seriously, it was an awesome game; so good for Kansas fans to finally put the Roy Williams era behind us. I actually thought Roy showed a lot of class wearing the Jayhawks sticker at the championship game. Some in North Carolina were none too pleased, but I think his actions (combined with the two Kansas victories in the Final Four, of course) have put to rest any lingering resentment. Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk... Go KU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was less impressed with Mr.Williams. I felt like he was claiming the victory as part of his own. Saying things in his half-time interview like, "I still have four players on the team."

    This isn't his team, his team lost in the semi-final game.

    But, I do think it put some distance between KU and Mr.Williams.

    ReplyDelete